Carthage Independent School District
2017 Prize Patrol
The Carthage ISD Education Foundation raises money for quality educational enrichment programs for all CISD students and classrooms.
Established in June 2002, the Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization.Therefore, all gifts are tax deductible.
To be considered for funding, programs must show a direct impact on students in the classroom. Moreover, the Foundation places a high priority on programs that present opportunities to as many students as possible and for educational programs that could not be implemented at an appropriate level without the assistance of Foundation funding.
Scope: The Carthage ISD Education Foundation…
- is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit tax-exempt philanthropic organization of interested citizens
- works to increase private support for educational activities in Carthage ISD
- benefits Carthage ISD students and staff personnel by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
- fosters creative, innovative approaches to education through private (local) grants and involvement
- awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community, and educational leaders.
Examples of Funding Priorities:
- Innovative Teaching Grants
- Staff Development
- Interactive Learning Experiences for Students
- School/Community Partnerships Programs/Projects
- Student/Teacher Recognition Programs
- Author/Artist in Residence Programs
- Permanent Endowment Fund
- Endowed Scholarship Programs
Click to visit our page: